Piano lessons are available to students ages 5 to 15. Lessons address the fundamental aspects of playing the piano and are tailored specifically to each student's individual needs and goals. These personalized lessons include a variety of musical styles and activities, including:
- Reading music
- Exploring different styles of music, including: classical, pop, country, praise and worship, jazz, and more!
- Playing from lead sheets/chord charts/"fake" books
- Understanding music theory, sight-reading, ear training
- Composing simple songs
- Using technology to enhance lessons and practice time (iPhone/iPod/iPad apps, music websites, etc.)
- Learning and reviewing through hands-on games and other activities
- Participating in studio-wide incentives and challenges to help motivate students
- Learning to practice efficiently so students can become independent musicians
- Most of all, lessons are structured to encourage all students to have FUN making music!
Is my child ready for lessons?
A: To begin taking lessons, your child must:
1. Know the alphabet and numbers 1-10
2. Know right hand from left hand
3. Be able to sit still and listen to instruction
4. Show an interest in learning to play piano
5. Be able to read 3-4 letter words
Will I need a piano at home?
A: Yes, just like your child cannot learn to play soccer without a soccer ball, or ballet without ballet slippers, they cannot learn to play the piano without a piano to practice on.
How often would my child attend a lesson?
A: Lessons occur once a week, every week.
Can my child try out lessons to see if he/she likes piano?
A: I recommend committing to at least 1 year of piano lessons. It is just not possible to explore the many possibilities on the piano in a few lessons. Ideally, one should commit to 3 years of lessons, and then determine whether or not they would like to pursue further.
Have a question? Please contact me.